By clicking 'Accept Cookies' you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to help us enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist us in our marketing efforts. Cookies Policy.Decline Accept
LIV connects people living with dementia to their support community.
Build your personal support network to stay living independently at home longer. This simple, powerful app provides one central place to connect with family, friends, service providers and community.
With LIV, you’re empowered to choose how you’re supported.
Asking for help isn't always easy
Being part of a community makes life easier and more fulfilling. And with practical support and social connection, it's easy to get help when you need it.
But asking for help can be difficult, especially when you want to remain in control of your own life and the decisions that affect you. LIV makes it easy to find the support you need locally, from others in a similar situation, or even to ask for help from your community.
Build your personalised support network
LIV helps people living with dementia to stay at home longer by providing information, resources, local services, social connections and a way to keep in touch - or reach out - to friends and family.
The app lets you invite carers, family members and friends to connect in one central place. Using the app’s care circle, people can offer, ask for and receive the support they need.
This app is exactly what people living with dementia have been asking for.Dr Dana Bradford, 26 April, 2021
LIV App Features
Local directory of
LIV includes a listing of community, health and professional service providers working in your local area. It makes it fast and easy to engage the help and support you need at home.
Private forums to share tips
Private forums let you share experiences and build connections with people in the same situation as you. LIV includes a forum just for people living with dementia, as well as one for carers. Forums are safe and private, so you can have the conversations that matter.
Journal entries and private messaging
LIV keeps your community close, whether they live nearby or far away. Journal updates let everyone know what you’ve been doing, while private or group messages keep the conversation going.
Tasks dashboard and calendar
Your friends and community want to help. LIV makes it easy for you to ask for help, and for your community to offer their assistance. It’s amazing how much easier life is when everyone can pitch in.
Privacy, security and control
Your LIV community is created by you, through invitation only. Simple tools ensure that logins remain secure, without the need to remember passwords. Your data is private and is not shared with anyone.
Compatible with most devices
LIV works on most devices, including mobile phones, tablets and computers. With LIV being available as a mobile app, this means you can take LIV wherever you go.
For people living with dementia.
LIV is designed to centralise things and make life easier.
- You decide who you want in your care circle and how you want to engage with them. With LIV, you always have somebody to connect with.
- LIV includes a directory of service providers and suppliers in your local area, as well as an easy tool to let your friends, family and neighbours offer help.
For carers looking after people with dementia.
LIV makes it simple for friends and family to offer a little help.
- You can easily coordinate practical support when it’s really needed. Whether you need someone to help you get to a doctor's appointments or to visit with for a short time, LIV helps you feel less alone.
- LIV provides a forum where you can safely, privately share thoughts or questions with other carers. Knowing that other people understand your experiences can make a big difference.
For the wonderful
community around you
Your community, friends and family want to help. A home-cooked meal, neatly mown lawn or an outing to the shops might seem like small things, but this support can make a big difference.
- Your community wants to help! LIV makes it easy to let then know how, without any feelings of awkwardness or obligation.
- You can also stay in touch by sharing messages, journal entries and links to educational resources. These resources help people in your community learn more about what living with dementia can be like.
- With LIV, you’re empowered to choose how you’re supported.
For the caring professionals to make life easier.
- External support is sometimes the key to assist people living with dementia stay in their own homes longer. At its heart, LIV is a practical tool that increases the potential for community and peer support and well as making it easy to access local community and commercial services.
- LIV includes a directory of trusted, verified local services including in-home care professionals, health providers and home services.
- In addition, useful resources on caring for people living with dementia, how to communication with them and demystifying the condition are included to help reduce the stigma of dementia.
Start using Liv today
I’ve got so much more to offer the world, I just sometimes need a little help with things.Anonymous, aged 58, Person living with dementia
LIV has been funded
by the Australian Government
- The development of LIV was funded by a Department of Health (Aged Care) grant. The app is designed to help people living with dementia live independently at home longer by increasing the potential for community and peer support.
- The app was developed by Miroma Project Factory, working closely with Northern Sydney Dementia Collective, Dementia Australia and other partners specialising in this field.
Share your experiences
to help shape LIV
In developing LIV, we interviewed a broad range of people living with dementia, their carers and families to learn about their lives and what’s important to them.
- The LIV app was designed to support the needs and aspirations of all these people.
- In partnership with the CSIRO, we are undertaking a formal Pilot Study. We’re hoping to learn more about how to make life easier for those who want to continue living independently. LIV has applications outside of dementia, including Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and more.
- Contact us if you would like to participate in the survey.
Miroma Project Factory
Miroma Project Factory has spent fifteen years building apps, games and digital experiences.
- We create products that entertain and delight. We engage and reward users, helping them improve their health, wellbeing and lives.
- The Miroma Project Factory is a global company, with offices in Sydney and throughout the world.